Birth Certificate Apostille
BIRTH CERTIFICATE APOSTILLE
NYC / NYS CERTIFICATE of BIRTH Apostille
How do I get my Birth Certificate Apostille
There are 3 way to get an Apostille for your New York City Birth Certificate.
1. The OFFICIAL way requires to have an Long form Birth Certificate with a Letter of Exemplification (NYC). The Letter of Exemplification is only issued when you order a new the Long form Birth Certificate & request the Letter of Exemplification at the same time. Therefore, you need your Birth Certificate & a Letter of Exemplification to receive an Apostilla Stamp.
2. Another official way is to have an original New York City or New York State Certificate of Birth that is signed by the current City Registrar Steven Schwartz, Ph.D. or the Director of Vital Record
3. The Unofficial way is for you to create a letter stating that you have an original or a copy of a birth certificate issues by the state, city, or local county registrar of your locality. Then you get the letter you created & have it notarized. The only problem doing it this way; the person who is receiving your birth certificate may not accept it. So, you need to check first to find out which procedure you wish to follow.
If need a new Birth Certificate and you now have to go to the website http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/services/vr.shtml to order a new one.
If you have your NYC Birth Certificate
- Once you have your New York City long form Certificate of Birth and Letter of Exemplification, you can send both to Notary & Apostille Service along with your Order Form. The Order Form can be found on the "Getting Started" page.
- We will get your Apostille processed when it is received and have your Apostille back according to the " Level of Service" you requested which can be the Same Day, 2nd Business Day, 3rd Business Day.
If you just have your long Form Birth Certificate and you did not receive your Letter of Exemplification then you can call Vital Records & they will sent it to you provided it's within 3 months from the time that you received your Birth Certificate. Or just send it to Notary & Apostille Service as it is and we will be to get the Apostille for you without the Letter of Exemplification or Birth.
To get a certified copy of your Birth Certificate, Please call or contact the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (see address below) and ask how to apply for a new Birth Certificate (Long Form) with an Letter of Exemplification.
Birth Certificate from other area of New York State
- Once you have your New York State Birth Certificate and the signature of the Town Registrar has been certified by the Country Clerk you can send it to Notary & Apostille Service along with your Order Form. The Order Form can be found on the "Getting Started" page.
- We will get your Apostille processed when it is received and have your Apostille back to you according to the "Level of Service" you requested which can be the Same Day, 2nd Business Day, 3 rd Business Day.
Is there a way to speed up the process in getting my Birth Certificate Apostille from the Department of Health, Office of Vital Records?
Yes, there is.If you have a plane ticket or some other special event bring it with you to the Vital Records office and this may help you expedite the process.
You can also get your Birth Certificate Apostille in one day. However, there is no guarantee that the
person who it is going to receive it will accept it. So you must check with them to see if this process is
This shorter process require you to create a letter indicating that the attached document is an original document issues by the Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, Office of Vital Records. Once you sign the letter & have it notarized it can be Apostille.
NYC Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene
Office of Vital Records
125 Worth St., CN 4, Rm. 133
New York, N.Y. 10013-4090
NEW YORK STATE BIRTH RECORDS THAT WERE NOT ISSUED IN NYC
All birth records issued
outside of the five counties of NYC can be obtained from the New York State Department of Health
Vital Records Section
PO Box 2602
Albany, NY 12220
You may also get your documents directly from the local registrar or town clerk of the city, town or village where the birth occurred.
Getting your Birth Certificate Apostille
- Obtain a certified copy of the certificate with an original signature and stamp of the City Clerk on the back of the document or with the letter of Letter of Exemplification, as noted above.
- Once you have your certified document send it to Notary & Apostille Service with your Order Form. The Order Form can be found on the "Getting Started" page.
- Click here for mailing Instructions
PLEASE NOTE: NOTARIZED DOCUMENTS ACCEPTABLE FOR APOSTILLE ARE DOCUMENTS NOTARIZED BY A NYS NOTARY PUBLIC WHICH MUST CONTAIN A PROPERLY EXECUTED NOTARIZATION WHICH INCLUDES THE JURAT IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTABLE FOR AN APOSTILLE.
New York counties served: Albany, Allegany, Bronx, Broome, Cattaraugus, Cayuga, Chautauqua, Chemung, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Cortland, Delaware, Dutchess, Erie, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Genesee, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Kings (Brooklyn), Lewis, Livingston, Madison, Monroe, Montgomery, Nassau, New York City, New York (Manhattan), Niagara, Oneida, Onondaga, Ontario, Orange, Orleans, Oswego, Otsego, Putnam, Queens, Rensselaer, Richmond (Staten Island), Rockland, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, St. Lawrence, Suffolk, Sullivan, Tioga, Tompkins, Ulster, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Westchester, Wyoming, Yates
DISCLAIMER: We will make every attempt to get your document Apostille or Legalized. However, if the document does not meet official requirements, we will give you the option of correcting the problem and resubmitting your document again. An additional service charge, document processing and/or mailing fees may apply.
Top | Back